Jeromy Anglim's Blog: Psychology and Statistics


Friday, September 18, 2009

R Community in Australia

One of the nice aspects of R is the community of users that has built up around it. The open-source model seems to create an orientation of sharing and contribution. Users benefit from R and then they give back in the form of new packages, free documentation, blogs, presentations, and so on.

I noticed how Revolutions has a listing of R User Groups. I also noticed when I attended the 2009 DSC (see John Maindonald's comments) that there were R communities in Europe and North America. This post presents a list of R activity in Australia. I'm a relative newbie to the R-world, so this is a tentative list of R in Oz.  Perhaps I'll add to it from time to time. Feel free to post additions, if you are an R user in Australia, or if you can think of people, groups, and sites that I've left off.

An incomplete list of People using R, Sites, and Groups in Australia.

UPDATE:

There are many more developments in the R Australia scene since I last posted this. In particular see,